Halloween Decorating For Less

Most everyone I know enjoys Halloween for one reason or another. It may be all of the beautiful fall colors, or the joy of seeing all the wonderful children in their costumes.

Cheap Outdoor Halloween Decorations

Whatever your reasons for enjoying the Halloween season, you undoubtedly decorate your home to some extent. If you add lighted figures of ghouls and goblins, you probably notice a slight increase in the ole electric bill. I know I do.

Cheap Outdoor Halloween Decorations

Even in years when I only displayed a couple of the plastic ghosts and goblins, I noticed some increase in cost. As a result I decided to look for ways to save some money. There was no way I would stop decorating for the Halloween season. After all it's one of my favorite holidays.

One evening I was sitting outside as it began to get dark. When the solar lights I had along the driveway came on, that gave me an idea. What if I could use the solar lights I had along the driveway and in my rock garden, to light my plastic Halloween figures?

I had a 3 or 4 foot tall Frankenstein, a 3 or 4 foot Ghost and a couple of large pumpkins. These were all made of plastic and lighted with those nite-lite type bulbs. All of these had some kind of circular cutout on the bottom. I have never been able to figure out why, they don't seem to have any real purpose.

I figured the bottom wouldn't show, so it was okay to cut these holes larger. I used a utility knife to enlarge the holes on the bottom. I made them large enough for the top of the solar lights to fit through.

I then placed the solar lights where I planned to have the Halloween figures. When it began to get dark and the lights came on, I sat the figures over the solar lights. The results were fantastic!

Now I simply lift the figures off of the solar lights, placing them next to the lights in the daytime. This allows the lights to recharge throughout the day. At night I place the figures over the solar lights once again.

This is a great way to save on the electric bill this Halloween season. If you already have the solar lights it costs you nothing. Give it a try for yourself this Halloween.

Halloween Decorating For Less
Cheap Outdoor Halloween Decorations

Special Price!!! 5.25" Black Rubber Halloween Decoration Hanging Bat

Oct 26, 2011 16:06:27

5.25
Click for larger image and other views

5.25

>> Click here to update Cheapest prices for 5.25" Black Rubber Halloween Decoration Hanging Bat <<

5.25" Black Rubber Halloween Decoration Hanging Bat Feature

  • Brand new Fantastic value Halloween Black Hanging Bat
  • Great finishing touch for any Halloween theme
  • Size information: 5.25"
  • This posting includes: 5.25" black rubber hanging bat as featured


5.25" Black Rubber Halloween Decoration Hanging Bat Overview

These hanging bats are creepy - in a good way! Nothing says Halloween like a gaggle of gory flying rodents greeting your guests, and these 5.25" bats are perfect for setting the horror scene. Made of durable rubber, you'll use them for years to come. Great on their own, even better with the other Halloween Decorations available in our store!



SAVE NOW on the special offers below!

Available In Stock.

This 5.25" Black Rubber Halloween Decoration Hanging Bat ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping.

Price : Click to Check Update Prices Please.

5.25

Limited Offer Today!! 5.25" Black Rubber Halloween Decoration Hanging Bat Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals

Contours Baby Stroller Home Theater Sound Sony Network Media Player